Wednesday, December 08, 2010

New Review

MONTANA HEARTS, Charlotte Carter, Love Inspired Historical, December '10, ISBN 978-0-373-86742-6

What's not to like? Cowboys. Montana skies. Motherless kids...well, not often for this reader, so...read on.

I liked this book though I don't generally buy titles with women in cowboy hats on the covers (G). I approached it with some trepidation but found myself liking it more than I thought I would. Sarah has undertaken a rather risky search for the family of her donor -- she's had a heart transplant. Needless to say, she finds them, and the widow of her donor is a true and studly muffin with two traumatized kids and a cantakerous mother in law looking after them.

I won't spoil the read by telling more, but the story had a sort of inevitability that only good writing and a good sense of pacing can produce. Yes, Steeple Hills do all end with him and her together at the end, and we know that, but it's the "how do they get there" bit that's intriguing. Carter has done a good job with this love story. Mind you, there's a twist to the end that's also charateristic of a fine author with an engaging tale to tell.

Would I read this author again? Yes, definitely. My rating: 4 stars

No comments: