Friday, July 01, 2016

My Very, Very Bad

Whoa, it's been a long while since I updated this blog. It'll be the usual cop-out you see here -- busy, busy, and more busy.

In addition to working hard on the sequel to SEASONS IN THE MIST, I've been working on two more contemporary novels. At least one will go direct-to-reader via Amazon as part four of the City Lights series.

The second one, ONE NIGHT WITH YOU, turned out to be a secret baby book.

And you already know I don't write secret baby books. Gahh! But that's what it turned out to be. Maybe it will become book five of City Lights. Haven't decided yet, and it's not ready for prime time as I write this.

Of course I always get new ideas for stories when I'm supposed to be working on something else...

I promised myself just to jot down the opening scene from the one I'm leaning toward publishing, and then get back to RECKONING once I'd gotten this other story off my mind.

Ha ha.

Didn't work as advertised. 50 K words later ("just one more scene, I promise, before it vanishes from my mind!"), I ended up with a sweet/spicy contemporary tale called BOYFRIEND 2.0. It will go to the cover artist and pro editor this summer and probably publish this fall.

Note: my "City Lights" series is NOT Christian fiction. It's not free of cussing or bedsports or other themes that wouldn't be a good fit for my inspirational work. So all three of my avid reader/customers will know what to expect.

I like to explore, in these spicy contemporaries, what characters think/feel/do when they may be groping toward a deeper understanding of God and their place in His cosmos. Not all of these characters end up saved. None ends up going to church every Sunday. But they're seekers, with open minds, and I've had a lot of fun examining how they think and act as they grope toward an understanding of things Christians take for granted. So I hope my readers will bear with me and enjoy these people as much as I do.

Wish me good fortune on both, and you medieval-tale fans, there IS a new one coming soon. Look for SEASONS OF RECKONING through Desert Breeze Publishing.

No comments: