Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Conflicting Projects, Conflicting Emotions

Writer's angst. Which of us hasn't experienced it?

My conundrum: I'm told my medievals aren't wanted. They won't sell. To make matters worse, instead of working on something that may sell, I've got a first century story niggling at my brain, trying to get out.

So what am I doing on these writing-Wednesdays? Working on the third medieval time-travel story, which I'm told will never see the light of day.

It's going very, very well -- probably because nobody but me will ever glimpse it.

Discouraged? You bet.

1 comment:

Tracy Krauss said...

I wouldn't listen to the naysayers. If everyone wrote the same kind of thing (a.k.a. what someone deems 'marketable') it would be a very boring world. Who knows? something DIFFERENT or out of the ordinary might be just what readers are craving.
I love a quote I read recently by John Grisham where he talks about early discouragement... and we've all heard the Ernest Hemingway story of how he was told nobody would ever want to read what he wrote ...