Saturday, December 06, 2008

PEACEWEAVER in Progress!

PEACEWEAVER is moving along. It's gratifyng to realize that if I hit a wall in my historical-detail research, there are loads of folks on the 'Net who know a lot about 10th century Wales. I put out a question, and in less time than I dreamed possile, I get a well-reasoned, useful answer.

I've reached the spot in the story where Anmair's husband, his father, and their levies ride out to help Anmair's family resist the usual summertime Viking raids. Someone will not return alive...but who? I don't know yet. All I know is that I wait pacing, like Anmair, to see who will ride back into Mostyn and who will be carried back over the saddle-bow.

As they might've said at Mostyn: bide thee in patience.

2 comments:

Donna Alice said...

With your shield or on it--love the drama!! And yup, there are people who know just about any obscure question you can ask. I'm glad your work is moving along so well.

AngBreidenbach said...

Oooh, this sounds fascinating. I love that kind of historical. I just recently hung Captain Charles Vane, the notorious pirate, in my book. I have never done that before. It was so much fun. He's a true character from history, but he worked really well to demonstrate impatience in my non-fiction book. (I have little snippets of fiction as analogies.)

Go Deb!
Angie